- Agriculture and Biotechnology Patents - USDA
- British Patent Office - Select Database Services to search the most recent 2 years of British patents.
- Canadian Patents Database
- Delphion Patent Search - Free trial access requires user registration.
- DNA Patent Database (DPD) - Georgetown University's Kennedy Institute of Ethics and Foundation for Genetic Medicine.
- Esp@ce.net - Europe's network of patent databases - Links and search engine for European patent offices and documents.
- European Patents Register
- Fullerene Patent Database - A comprehensive internet archive of patents related to buckyballs, nanotubes, and other fullerenes, MIT.
- Intellectual Property Digital Library - WIPO Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Database
- Japan Patent Office
- Knowledge Express Data Systems - Fee-based service.
- MicroPatent PatentWEB - Fee-based service.
- Official Gazette of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office - This is received by the Washington University Law Library which provides an abstract and a drawing of each patent issued, but the WU Libraries do not have the full text of patents. WU faculty, staff and students may obtain patents by filling out a Interlibrary Loan book request form. Non-Washington University users may obtain patents from the St. Louis Public Library which is a Patent Depository Library, and maintains a collection of U.S. patents issued since 1790.
- Patent Fetcher - "Looking for a free way to get complete U.S. Patent and published Patent Application PDF files after you have performed a patent search? Look no further - this site has what you need. We retrieve patent images from national patent office Web sites, like the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, combine them into a single PDF file." Contains both US patents and International Patents - need to have correct patent number!
- Patents - List of resources from the UCSD Science & Engineering Library University of California, San Diego.
- US Patent and Trademark Office Web Patent Databases - Free searchable patent databases, which include US Patent Full Text Database (a database of the full text content of US patents issues from 1790 to the most recent weekly issue date); patents issued from 1790 through 1975 are searchable by patent number and current US patent classification only. More info.
Additional Patent Information
- Bad Patents - Legal resources and tools..., from STO.
Search Solutions - Intellectual Property
- Guide to STN Patent Databases
of Patent Terminology
- Index to Manual Classification of Patents
- International Patent Classification - World Intellectual Property Organization
- Patent Coverage in Chemical Abstracts
- PatentPro - Commercial software for creating a patent application; sample patents and free demo version available.
- Selected Patent and Intellectual Property Sites - Patent Information Users Group
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office - Information on patenting an idea, doing a patent search, and locating the nearest Patent Depository Library (St. Louis Public Library) for hard copies of patents.
- Wacky Patent of the Month
- Yahoo: Patents Sites
Chemistry Library Subject Guide
» Engineering & Technology Home