About Roper Center
The Roper Center for Public Opinion Research is one of the world's leading archives of social science data, specializing in data from surveys of public opinion. The Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government, and Public Policy has subscribed for all of Washington University.
Please note these user responsibilities:
Updates released February, 2010:
- Users may not redisseminate Roper Center documentation or data outside of Washington University in St. Louis. Researchers who are actively collaborating with individuals at non-member institutions may provide a copy of relevant data sets to their collaborators for the duration of the project. Roper Center data may be placed on web sites only if access is restricted to members of Washington University. If Washington University in St. Louis ceases to be a member of the Roper Center, individual users may keep copies of data obtained during the membership period, but the datasets must be removed from web sites or data libraries and cannot be further redistributed within Washington University.
- Members of Washington University in St. Louis may present information from iPOLL and results of analysis of Roper Center data in reports and publications. However, you may not resell direct access to iPOLL or Roper Center data; for example, you may not charge for conducting iPOLL searches. Users may not make a copy of the iPOLL database or create a database by regularly or systematically downloading and storing pages from the Roper Center web site. No part of the web site may be reproduced, transmitted to, or stored in any other web site, nor may any of its pages or part thereof be disseminated in any electronic retrieval system or service without prior written permission.
- Access to basic search tools is available without entering an email or registering.
- However, there are advantages to registering to take advantage of the following features:
When you register you will create your own UserName and password that you can then use to sign in from any location, on campus or not.
- Quickly download all questions resulting from your iPOLL search
- Download RoperExpress dataset files to run computer analysis
- Bookmark searches, questions, and datasets
- Links to reports
- Access more results from Topics at a Glance
||Public opinion survey data.
||1935 - present
||Help options available in website: User Guide, FAQ's, Search Help.
||Roper Center for Public Opinion Research, University of Connecticut
||On the web, limited to current WU students,
faculty, and staff. Access to
restricted resources from outside the WU campuses.
Need assistance with this database?
Contact the Olin Library Help Desk, at 935-5410, or your Subject Librarian